PPBA // Resources
We are an area in which majority of the population is unchurched and unreached. That is why it is a blessing to have groups like yours help serve with our churches in order to maintain our vision and purpose. We have determined that the most effective outreach for Colorado Springs is a one-on-one type of ministry; therefore we are looking for groups that are flexible and willing to serve in a way that best relates to the people and culture of this area.
If your group is musically gifted and you would like to serve with us, we do ask that you, independently, contact churches to plan accordingly. Please read the following information, keeping in mind our culture and ministry needs in order to make certain Colorado is where you can best serve our Lord!
Mission Group Guidelines:
We ask all visiting groups agree to the following…
- All participants need to reflect Christ-like behavior and attitudes during their mission trip.
- Participants are not to use alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs at any time during the trip.
- Groups will have a Pikes Peak Area Field Supervisor to whom they will be accountable for their evangelism and ministry methods. Groups need to be sensitive to our local, ongoing ministry process and need to follow the direction of our field supervisor.
- Groups need to provide for all their expenses for lodging, meals, and ministry unless other arrangements are made with a local church.
- Groups need to notify the Pikes Peak Baptist Association as early as possible with trip changes and/or cancellations.
Since we desire to utilize mission groups in the most effective way, we have discovered a strategy/schedule that will allow your group to have a wonderful ministry experience while getting to enjoy this beautiful area.
- Saturday – Your group arrives to Colorado Springs, gets settled into lodging area, and has a one to two hour training/information session with field supervisor and/or Associational missions coordinator.
- Sunday – Worship with your appointed church (the church in which your group will be serving with during your week with us) and participate in an afternoon or evening outreach project.
- Monday – Friday – Each day will be divided into three sections: morning, afternoon, and evening. Ministry will be during two sections and the available section will allow your group to rest or sight-see. For example: Your group could be leading a Vacation Bible School each morning and working with a Food Pantry each afternoon. That would allow free time each evening for your group.
- Friday or Saturday – Return home!
The PPBA Celebration Station is a self-contained trailer that churches can use to conduct Evangelistic Block Parties and outreach events. It is designed to provide the opportunity to have more block parties than could otherwise be held. Our desire is that it will assist our churches in reaching:
- Apartment communities Manufactured homes communities
- New subdivisions within a church field
- Inner city ministries
- VBS preparation day or parent’s night
- Preparations for revivals
- New work starts Fairs and festivals
The Celebration Station comes fully equipped with the following items:
- Snow Cone Machine (with all needed supplies, except ice)
- Popcorn popper (with all needed supplies)
- Small Bounce House for young children
- 2 – 8 foot tables
- 2 – 4 foot tables
- 2 ice chests
- 2 beverage coolers
- 1 Trash Can
Please contact our office by phone at 719-635-0026 or by email at email@example.com if you have any questions, or to make reservations.