|Mission Group Application Form|
|Download and fill out this form if you are an incoming mission group desiring a mission trip to the Pikes Peak Region.|
|Mission Group - Church Partnership Request Form|
|Download and fill out this form if you are a local church or organization desiring to host an incoming mission group.|
Visiting (Incoming) Mission Groups
Thank you for your consideration in serving with the Pikes Peak Baptist Association.
We are an area in which majority of the population is unchurched and unreached. That is why it is a blessing to have groups like yours help serve with our churches in order to maintain our vision and purpose. We have determined that the most effective outreach for Colorado Springs is a one-on-one type of ministry; therefore we are looking for groups that are flexible and willing to serve in a way that best relates to the people and culture of this area. If your group is musically gifted and you would like to serve with us, we do ask that you, independently, contact churches to plan accordingly. Please read the following information, keeping in mind our culture and ministry needs in order to make certain Colorado is where you can best serve our Lord!
We ask that all visiting groups agree to the following MISSION GROUP GUIDELINES:
- All participants need to reflect Christ-like behavior and attitudes during their mission trip.
- Participants are not to use alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs at any time during the trip.
- Groups will have a Pikes Peak Area Field Supervisor to whom they will be accountable for their evangelism and ministry methods. Groups need to be sensitive to our local, ongoing ministry process and need to follow the direction of our field supervisor.
- Groups need to provide for all their expenses for lodging, meals, and ministry unless other arrangements are made with a local church.
- Groups need to notify the Pikes Peak Baptist Association as early as possible with trip changes and/or cancellations.
Since we desire to utilize mission groups in the most effective way, we have discovered a strategy/schedule that will allow your group to have a wonderful ministry experience while getting to enjoy this beautiful area. Listed below is a sample of that strategy/schedule:
Saturday - Your group arrives to Colorado Springs, gets settled into lodging area, and has a one to two hour training/information session with field supervisor and/or Associational missions coordinator.
Sunday - Worship with your appointed church (the church in which your group will be serving with during your week with us) and participate in an afternoon or evening outreach project.
Monday – Friday - Each day will be divided into three sections: morning, afternoon, and evening. Ministry will be during two sections and the available section will allow your group to rest or sight-see. For example: Your group could be leading a Vacation Bible School each morning and working with a Food Pantry each afternoon. That would allow free time each evening for your group.
Friday or Saturday - Return home!